Wednesday, October 1, 2014

First snorkeling day

It's very hard to put into words the beauty and wonder of all we saw today, grey and rainy as it was.  We traveled by boat through the Rock Islands to quiet lagoons where corals thrive.  The lush greenery surrounded these still clear waters.  Our guide said the first stop was where Jurassic Park was filmed, and that seemed plausible to me.  The variety of coral species numbered over one hundred in just one lagoon.  We watched an stonishing number of beautiful fish dart in and out and around.  Places of quiet deep beauty.  I'm without a camera so we'll have to wait for posts from my colleagues -- some amazing photographs!  And this is just day one.

The birds are amazing too -- I heard a kingbird, and saw tropical birds (the species, not the category).  I will try to keep a count to share with my colleague EJ.  

Terrific conversations, too, about the work, what we'doing here and why it's so important, and how can we best talk about it.  No PowerPoint, WebExes or dial in numbers for these meetings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment